The Sure Shot Experience
Want to know the secret to an amazing event?
A DJ that can rock a party.
Trusted by some of the biggest brands in the world. Go-to DJ for countless wedding couples. Want to know why? When you hire Sure Shot NYC you get:
• A diverse mix of music styles from modern hip-hop and pop to classic rock and soul and much more.
• Attention to Detail in all events. Specific music request are no problem. Early arrival for set up and sound check. Event coordination with venue and other vendors.
• Full sound featuring the latest technology - Wireless mics, mp3 laptop software, turntables, speakers…the works.
• Skip the props, games and excessive chatter. It’s all about the music! Hosting and announcements are done tastefully.
• One flat rate – No extra fees or taxes. No extra charges for late changes or rescheduling.
• Million dollar liability insurance coverage - I’m fully covered – even for the most exclusive venues.
Throw the event everyone will be talking about- even weeks later!
”Jamar really made our wedding reception epic! The dance floor was packed all night with music ranging from hip hop, to soul, rock and beyond. Not only was his skill evident but playing the right song at the right time made for a great night. Our guests had a blast and one of them told me they could never sit or use the bathroom because the music was too good to take a break. Jamar was very professional and I would even say was a musical director. Thanks for making our wedding day memorable.” — Katie and Stefan
Don’t Think You need a DJ?
With the help of a DJ you can..
• Increase retail store and convention traffic. DJs draw attention which results in an increase in sales…and cool factor.
• Energize and motivate staff with the right mix of jams at your next team builder, holiday party, or corporate retreat
• Your Wedding Reception will flow smoothly between events. We’ll create a schedule that gives attention to your special moments while keeping the energy of the event high.
• Build a bigger buzz at your product launch. The momentum from great party will carry over and keep people excited about your new product.
• Connect with a younger audience. DJ’s are the new rock stars..
The DJ’s have taken over pop culture….DJ’s are quickly becoming the new celebrities and they are attracting young people by the thousands. - Forbes Magaine 3/12
I’m a New York City bred DJ that has over 10 years of club experience playing everything from dingy hole in the wall bars to “A” List celebrity filled hotspots.
I can admit in my early DJ years I was never interested in playing weddings and events.
In my experiences DJs that played these events were always terrible – no technical skill, talked too much, they used cheesy props, were 10 years late with music….man..I could go on and on.
I heard so many bad DJs that I thought thats what people wanted!
I passed on many gigs because I refused to lower myself to that. The thought was just so….uncool.
Then a good friend of my fiancé asked me to spin her wedding reception.
When I explained that I didn’t do the typical “Wedding DJ” thing, she insisted I would be perfect because her and her fiancé didn’t want any of that. They just wanted their DJ to make introductions and announcements tastefully and play some hot music.
I agreed to spin her wedding…… and it was one of the most fun parties I ever played!
I was able to play a mix of fun new tunes, classic hits, and with a few suggestions from the bride and groom the dance floor stayed packed all night.
To top it off, I met two other future brides that booked me off that gig, which in turn lead to even more events. It turns out there are more people who don’t want the cheesy wedding experience!
Since then I’ve been booked for weddings, movie premiers, holiday parties, non-profit events and more.
Despite my many successful events played I know I’m not for everyone. If your not sure, check out this list to make sure I’m the right DJ for your event.
I might not be the right DJ for you if:
- You need a DJ that brings props and games
- You want a DJ that speaks in a “stadium announcer” voice
- You want a DJ that plays line dancing songs
- You require a big light show set-up
- Your looking for the cheapest DJ option available
“Sure Shot is the go-to DJ for our big events. His music selection and taste keeps the crowds dancing and the mood festive. We always get compliments from clients on the music.”- Pasal Sugar, Plus Factor Events
I love what I do!
I have one of the best jobs in the world – I get to play music that makes people have fun. I consider myself lucky. As such, I approach every gig with the goal of making sure everyone leaves saying it was one of the best parties they’ve ever been too.
I constantly keep up with trends in music and DJ technology. I play and frequent clubs in and around NYC regularly to stay sharp. All so that I can be the best DJ I can for your event.
There are too many DJs that don’t share my enthusiasm. For them every event is just another check. They approach every gig the same. No planning, bad communication, cheap equipment…putting your event at risk. You deserve better. And I’m here to give it to you.
I’d love to talk to you about how I can help your next event exceed your wildest expectations. Send me an email with a few short details about your event and I’ll get back to you ASAP to discuss further.
I look forward to filling your future DJ needs!